Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm BACK! It's been a long time since I posted, but I'm promising to keep my blog up-to-date!

I will talk a little bit about what's been up around here...

On Feb. 24th our friends, Jack & Sue celebrated their 1 yr. Wedding Anniversary. That was a fun time!
Also in Feb. we had Josie's Freshman Orientation. WOW! Where does the time go. Our baby is going to be in High School.
Josie finished up her Volleyball season. I believe they only won one game, but they really were looking great as a team @ the end. :(

In March Ashlee (Tommy's EX-girlfriend) called and told me she was pregnant (BY HER NEW BOYFRIEND). At first she was worried but now we are all happy. I have been taking pics of how big her belly is getting I will do a post with those pics. She is due October 4th.

Also my daycare mom, Kelly (Chase & Maddie's mom) is prego. She is due October 7th. So it looks like I will having a "set" of babies in December. WOW! I am excited though.

On March 16th Tom and I went to Tenn. for the tax sale. We were able to bid on the 12th acre that we have. It's a long story, but we got it! We now own 12 acres...wahooo!

On March 21st Tom cut his face at work. He was working with a pry bar and it slipped and hit his cheek. I'll have to post a pic of it later. It's healing still. I think we are going to see a plastic surgeon.

March 17th Tommy's Band "EMPIRE" played at Block's in Decatur. They did awesome and the crowd loved them!

On March 27th my lil' one, Grace started crawling. She is such a peanut and just couldn't figure out how to make everything work. Too cute!

Also in March Josie tried out for Cheerleading (High School). SHE MADE IT! But she is the only 8th grader that made it, so that means she will be the only Freshman on the squad with all older girls. Oh my I will be gray before she is out of HS.

Tom, Josie, & I went to Alabama for the Easter week-end. I had Friday & Monday off. It was a really different Easter. Normally I cook a ham, turkey, noodles, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, deviled eggs, veggie tray, & desserts. (Man that's making me hungry) My parents and whomever else wants to come, come to feast. This year we were at Tom's Uncle's new house, on his pond & we had Mr. D's (like a Long John Silver's). It was very relaxing not having to cook. And I loved being with Tom's family. After the same thing for 10 plus years its hard to break out of the routine.

On April 12th Tom & I celebrated our 21st Wedding Anniversary. We had dinner @ our fav. Mex. place El Corral on the actual day (just us) and then Friday night 20 of our friends joined us @ (of course) El Corral. We had a great time. Sad thing is I didn't have my camera with me :(

Oh and the most exciting thing this month is.......(drum roll) My husband quit his job. Yep you heard me right on April 5th Tom quit quit his job after 20 years. It's a very long story and WE both are very happy about the decision. I think because it just happened and it wasn't planned made it easier not to look back and doubt. Tom can now find something that he really wants to do. I'm just grateful that we are at a place in our lives that this is an option for him.

Well there you have it! Today is April 30th. So starting May 1st I pledge to all my fellow blogger's to post, post, post. (After reading all this you might say you aren't coming back) LOL
Hope you are keeping cool today. Thanks for reading and see you soon!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Leesha!! Holy Moley you had LOTS LOTS going on. Congrats to Tom on his life Change decision. I wish him the best. What area is he looking into?? He totally could own his own business. Lots of baby news too. Wow. You are one blessed brave soul. I have to say babies just don't do it for me anymore the farther away the better. Well good luck on EVERYTHING going on and KEEP US POSTED!!

Unknown said...

So good to read about you! Congrats on Tom's job decision and for your new land! Woo-hooo! Just don't let it sit empty like we're doing ;)

Hey, we plan to come back to ya . . . not that we ever left . . . just been hectic with our house issues. I hope when we finally start building that you will let me bring over my kiddos . . . I will keep you updated. You're great, Leesha, thanks for everything thus far.

Also, thanks for linking both me and VWC. You rock ! Excited to keep up on you better now :)