Friday, February 09, 2007






I wanted to post about "EMPIRE". This is the name of my son Tommy's band. I think they have been together for a little over a year. The last few months Empire has began to play at different places in the area.


They have played in Assumption at the Naughty Pine and the Nite Owl. The Nite Owl in Macon. In Decatur at Wake the Dead and Rendezvous.


Empire will be playing tonight and tomorrow night again at Nite Owl in Assumption and the Nite Owl in Macon. On March 17th they have a show at Block's in Decatur. I'm really excited for them.


Tommy started admiring the drums at a very early age. It was a natrual thing for him. He use to play the buckets in the back yard before he got a drum set at the age of 3. He was always a performer. He also was intrigued by the gutiar, but never persued it as much as the drums.


Tommy started band in 5th grade and played through his Senior year. Was allowed to take his drum set to the school to play at different events. He played for different churches in the area. Tommy never cared where or what he played, he just wanted to play.


One amazing thing about Tommy is that he doesn't read music. (very little in school) Tommy can hear something once and then play it. His band teacher, I think, would get frustrated with him. But he also admired Tommy's love for his skill and always worked with Tommy and allowed him to add his flare to the songs.
I am so proud of Tommy and I know his Dad is very proud also. We are 110% behind him in whatever he decides to do with his talent. He has something special and we have been told by a lot of totally different people. From the Music Professor at Milikin to local band members that have been playing longer that Tommy has been alive.
I've posted a few pics. of now and his band Empire. They have a MySpace page that has sample's of their songs and a list of where they are playing. Try to go catch a show sometime and hopefully we can say, "I remember them when..."
Love you very much Tommy!!


2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I can't believe how grow up Tommy is these days. What is the my space page. I would love to listen since it will be quite a drive to hear him in person ;)

Unknown said...

That's so exciting! I didn't know this about him. What a great thing for mom to be proud of! Keep up the great hard work, Tommy!