Monday, February 05, 2007






Sue's Birthday Party

Saturday, January 13th, 2007


I wanted to share some pics. of my friend Sue's birthday party. Her husband, Jack, had to work all day so I got to plan and decorate! It was kind of a "surprise" cause Sue didn't know what to except when she arrived.

Of course we had the party at El Caporal, all of our favorite place to eat, drink, and be! You can find us there every Friday night!

It's weird how Sue and I met. See we are both from Vandalia. Grew up there, graduated High School there, and yet somehow we both end up in Argenta-Oreana. I went to High School with her little sister, Amy and my brother dated her cousin, Alisha. Their family owned Bone Brother's Milk Company. (Don't really know if that is the exact time.) It wasn't to far from my house and I went there a lot when I would walk to different friends houses. They had the big silver semi's full of milk. LOL

So one late El Caporal evening about 3 yrs. ago. (in May) There is a party going on in the smoking section. Tom and I heard the laughing all evening and then this guy walks by with a Sombre on his head and fried ice cream all over his face. He looked at Tom and I and said, "Don't ever have your birthday party here." It must of been "friends and first sight" cause we have been friends ever since. LOL Well needless to say before the evening was over Tom and I joined the party.

Before we did join Sue and Jack had a spat and she left for the evening. Ummmmmm, Jack was passed out on a bench, but the rest were still going strong. LOL Tom and I kept checking on Jack to make sure he was breathing. I'm sure he didn't feel well the next day.

Every Friday night after that evening Jack and Carl (Jack's friend) would always stop by our table and visit with us. Sometimes for a long while! Eventually, Sue started coming over. Most likely to check where the heck they were. Before we knew it we were just all sitting together having dinner. As Sue and I started talking we figured out we kinda knew each other from Vandalia. It is such a small world!!

Sue and I have become very good friends and I'm glad our paths crossed that night. Oh and Jack is ok too! LOL We have good times together and I'm sure there will be many more to come!!!

No comments: